Saturday, November 24, 2007

Holidays

Do you like the holidays? I'm starting to dislike them more and more as I get older. When I was younger I looked forward to Christmas for months, now it seems like a burden. Maybe it's because I have to buy gifts too now. It's not so much spending of money that I dislike, but the time it takes to go shopping as well as thinking of a good gift. If it were up to me I'd rather just not receive or give anything for Christmas. Of course this is socially unacceptable, and there are some people who do actually enjoy buying presents for people; and I would feel badly if someone gave me something and I gave nothing in return.

Another thing I dislike is that for both Thanksgiving and Christmas eve and day my family comes to my house. My father's side of the family comes on Christmas eve, and my mother's on Christmas day. I don't really like everyone coming to my house, or at least not for all the holidays except New Years. I have to stay with the dogs half of the time because people want to pet with them but are scared most of the time because they are so big, so it's really annoying. Although the one good thing is there's plenty of great tasting food.

No comments: